Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
crashflashbang
Angel Kiss Hikari
LupinAKAFlashTH2
Haji_Kyone
Kolya-kun
MariRoseTair
moonlight the wolf
StateOfDep
Sakiko Hanane
Yume Barauta
Yanyu
xMienaiTsubasa
Chasing Fireflies
Ezri
moeloid
smeen
Haloheroine
21 posters

Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works!

Sakiko Hanane
    Sakiko Hanane

Notes : 618

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: HANAloids
    Blog/Website: sakikohanane.blogspot.com
    Status: Sakiko Act3 now released! Several other banks are under construction.

Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works! - Page 2 Empty Re: Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works!

Post by Sakiko Hanane Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:27 pm

xMienaiTsubasa wrote:Also, it's just a minor point, but some people would prefer an UTAU to use Japanese r sounds or l sounds to English r sounds.
    Aaagh, yes, I recorded the entire Act2 voicebank in one night, and didn't realize until later that I'd used English r-sounds by mistake. I'll fix 'em asap xD;;

@Yanyu: I agree with you about character designs. Smile I am trying to design a more unique outfit; the one she currently has is kind of a default. Though I do think I'll keep the design somewhat "Vocaloid-y" simply because it fits Sakiko's backstory- She idolizes the Vocaloids, after all.

And thanks; I'll put up her voicebank sometime to get some feedback on that.
    Yanyu
    Yanyu

Notes : 1046

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: MiSS SAiYA
    Blog/Website: http://misssaiya.blogspot.com/
    Status: ACT1 -Small Edits- Finding a better microphone for VCV ACT 2

Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works! - Page 2 Empty Re: Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works!

Post by Yanyu Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:32 pm

@ moonlight the wolf
    Glad to help :D
    If you'd like the english patch it's in the download section of the forum~

@ Saki-chan ;D

:D That's good *whipes forehead* I'm glad there are people who agree with me~ Can't wait to see the updated version of your utau :D
    MariRoseTair
    MariRoseTair

Notes : 409

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Siana Shion
    Blog/Website:

Post by MariRoseTair Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:42 am

May I have Crituqe on Siana please? Be as harsh as you want. I want to improve and make her as best as possible. There's no fun to be had to make an utau that nobody will like.

and her concept art is right here.
    Yume Barauta

Notes : 1892

Post by Yume Barauta Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:07 am

I've always really liked Siana, ever since you started on her back when I was working on Chi and Siana was still a Vamploid ((Too bad Chi never got done properly. xD They could have been Lesbian Vamploids together. *shot*)), but I think you might need a new mic for her next act... She's kind of muffled. ouo
    Yanyu
    Yanyu

UTAU Information

Post by Yanyu Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:23 pm

Agreed with Yume, maybe a little oto.ini tweeking too? I'm not sure since the karaoke was a bit loud/she was too quiet for me so I couldn't hear her sing probably, but she does sound good so theres not much problems. Just muffledness is a main problem.

Picture: Maybe ask for some artwork or get a reference for a pose you like (I'm not promoting copying/tracing though that's not how you should improve your drawing skills) and then design her because your anatomy isn't very good. Practice does make you improve! So don't give up!
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

Notes : 765

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by xMienaiTsubasa Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:20 pm

@MariRoseTair

Her voice is very cute sounding, but I can't understand her DX That sounds like a combination of muffled recordings, otos and her being too quiet, like Yanyu and Yume already said.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Picture of your UTAU:

Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works! - Page 2 Ichine_Luna_ACT4_Official_by_Krystal_Sakura

Name: 市音ルナ Ichine Luna

Height: 154.9 cm

Weight: 51.4 kg

Personality: None Defined. Taken to be bipolar

Paired with(if none, leave blank) : I will get shot 234720395 times, but actually her most supported pairing is with Len. It was originally crack.

Character Item: Tazer. Character item is fanbased.

Video or Video's of them:

ACT3:

ACT4:
    http://www.4shared.com/audio/uyLuUt52/PANTSUUUUUUUU.html

SOFT APPEND:
    http://www.4shared.com/audio/n6q5BUoI/DSTpreview.html

im really looking for crits on her act4 and soft append's voice. ono'
    Kolya-kun
    Kolya-kun

Notes : 773

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Jessi Maki II, Wesley Bard I
    Blog/Website: http://TheVillagers.deviantart.com

Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works! - Page 2 Empty crrrritique

Post by Kolya-kun Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:46 pm

I'd love some critique on my UTAU ;D

Name: Jessi Maki
    Personality: NONE YET ;A; /fail
    Item: Well, it's more of an animal... She likes bats >w<;

just as a note, i changed her english r's to japanese ones earlier today so in the video they're still english x____x;

this is also pre-OTO...

After OTO...

Picture...

Spoiler:
    Haji_Kyone
    Haji_Kyone

Notes : 770

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Haji_Kyone Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Username: Haji_Kyone.

Preferred name: Greta.

Specialties: Drawing, singing and stuff like that.

I.critique.way.too.much...when critique is needed.
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Post by smeen Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:36 am

@Luna, I cannot give you critique, because that would only be biased praising... So I'm ignoring that little post you made... The only thing I can say is that her soft append actually does sound like a soft append and not like normal Luna, but that doesn't help you a bit...

@Kolya-kun, Her voice is good, but she's somethimes hard to understand and her 'sh' sounds like someone who is having speech problems... Don't get me wrong if you actually have 'em, I have them too... But they're... icky.
    MariRoseTair
    MariRoseTair

Notes : 409

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Siana Shion
    Blog/Website:

Post by MariRoseTair Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:58 am

Thank you Yume, Yanu and Mienai for your opinions, I'll hopefully be getting a new mic once I'm not so... Broke and money-problem filled haha. x-X So the mildness will be gone.

and I'll practise on my anatomy. ^^;;
    Kolya-kun
    Kolya-kun

UTAU Information

Post by Kolya-kun Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:28 am

@smeen thanks, i'll work on clarity and rerecord those darn "sh-" sounds again... even when im just talking they sound pretty gross, haha
    Yume Barauta

Notes : 1892

Post by Yume Barauta Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:06 pm

@Luna
    ...I'm... um... having a hard time thinking of something to critique you on. xD I'm too much of a Luna-fan like Smeen... :'D

@Kolya-kun
    Her voice is very soft so it's a little hard to hear her, but I did notice your sh sounds were a little bit wonky.
    Making a strong append for her or something of the like would widen her possibilities.
    She has a lot of potential though, and once you fix the few small problems she has, she'll definitely be a good UTAU. :3
    Kolya-kun
    Kolya-kun

UTAU Information

Post by Kolya-kun Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:48 pm

@Yume Barauta ok, thank you, but im still new and stuff and dont get all the terminology >A<;;

would a strong append just be singing louder? or do i shout or something~?
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3530

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Luna wrote:I'm really looking for crits on her act4 and soft append's voice. ono'
    ACT4

Voice-
    First thing; I find Luna a bit generic and VERY Nasal.
    But nasal UTAUloids are hard to avoid. ^^'' So it's kinda okay.
    Hm... The only thing that makes me be all "oh, generic but that's fine" is the fact she has a slightly airier voice than most. ^^ Makes her really cute.

Configuration-
    Seems fine. I think occasionally I'm hearing some consonants being cut off a little, but it's not too noticeable.

Design-
    THE THING I LIKE LEAST ABOUT LUNA.
    BUT DON'T WORRY. IT'S THE TWINTAILS.

I think the twintails are a bit... well, rip-off/generic. Same with the Crypton belt, skirt and armwarmers.
    I LOVE her shirt. > 3<'' It's nice and ORIGINAL, plzkthnx And stripy socks/tights are awesome <3

Miscellaneous-
    ....Can't think of anything. Purple makes me happy?

SOFT

Voice-
    Wonderful.
    She sounds more mature, way less generic, and pretty realistic for CV. > 3<'''
    Can't really think of much, sorry. Dx

Configuration-
    No comment. *Can't tell*

Kolya-kun wrote:I'd love some critique on my UTAU ;D

Voice-
    I find the tone of her voice to be really quite generic.
    And the English r's annoy me to no end, even though I know you fixed them OTL
    Overall her pronunciation is fine.

Configuration-
    I think there's something off here. I'd need to see the VB to know for sure, but occasionally I can't hear the consonant or there's a gap.

Design-
    Well, to be honest, I think she's pretty awesome in this department. No Crypton, and a lovely non-kei boxart <3
    But she's just a little plain. That isn't always bad though. XD She has cute horns.

Sorry, I'm really tired today, guys, so my C&C isn't the best.
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:33 pm

@Kolya-kun
    Well, louder, yes, but more forceful, too, think of maybe a rock singer or somebody in a musical.
    As for your UTAU, the pronunciation on her consonants could be clearer (I can't hear them very well) but her design is so cute! ^__^ I love the little horns.
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:52 pm

Picture of your UTAU: Box Art Art by TFOTR

Name: Kenji Baionoto (Japanese Reading: Baionoto Kenji) (Japanese Text: 倍音音ケンジ )

Height: 5ft 8in

Weight: 165lb (Unknown in kg)

Personality: Playful, yet serious, and kind. When an overly serious situation occurs (such as death of one he wanted to protect, loved one, etc), he starts laughing in denial, and starts acting unlike himself. Non-perverted. When the full moon is out, he's very calm, very serious, yet still very kind, and has an air of warmth around him. (His eye color also changes to a scarlet color)

Backstory (if you have one, if you don't, leave blank): A werewolf from America, Kenji is a schoolboy who loves technology. He cannot grow "older" physically, due to being a werewolf. He wasn't originally a werewolf- the gene that made him so was dormant until he turned 14, where he grew ears and a tail, and gained the ability to transform into a anthropomorphic wolf and a normal wolf, both being white with blue streaks. For a while after this, he was targeted by a tribe of were-wyerns, in which he fought for a bit of time, until he fought and defeated Ibitsu Hakureioto, who is now a fellow Crossloid (unreleased at that), one of the were-wyerns and son of the leader. They had only backed off however, due to the fact Kenji had taken the time to take Ibitsu to a hospital and restore him to full health. The two are now friendly rivals.

Paired with(if none, leave blank) : Cheria Sakuranbone (Unreleased)

Character Item: Keychain

Video or Videos of him: Cover of "The Wonderlast" Cover of "Toeto"

The Voicebank: http://www.mediafire.com/?xynom0dhhz2

I'm thinking about joining the wall of critiques, but I would like to know what everyone else thinks of Kenji, first. :> I've seen some pretty good critiques here (I mean that as in the format) and I hope I can get some too for Kenji. (I honestly think the design is... basic.)
    Kolya-kun
    Kolya-kun

UTAU Information

Post by Kolya-kun Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:07 am

@Haloheroine
    @Chasing Fireflies

about the generic-ness, iiii'm not really sure how to fix that, 'cause i'm a ridiculously bad singer x___x; if i try to pitch things they get weird, accents come out weird, and singing airy + my mic = scritchscratch-sounding or hard to understand

i'll try my best though xDD;

i'll also start my "hard append" today, so expect me to be coming back to this thread soon :>
    Angel Kiss Hikari
    Angel Kiss Hikari

Notes : 367

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: CCCloids
    Blog/Website: cccloids.webs.com

Post by Angel Kiss Hikari Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:52 pm

I'd love some critique on my UTAU.

copypaste from VO
    Picture of your UTAU: [link]

Name: Amilia Enne (縁音アミリア)

Height: 1,65 m

Weight: 60 kg

Personality: She acts childish most of the time, and enjoys blowing bubbles and playing on the swings. Amilia is usually quite loud, to the point of annoying other people. She is very afraid of supernatural things. Whenever she sees/hears something scary, she tends to curl up in a corner of the room while covering her ears and closing her eyes. She enjoys spending time with her sister, and is very protective over her.

Backstory: In her past, she was a guyish girl. But, while growing up, she started to act girlier, even though she disliked it. This brought her to a point where she didn't even want to grow up anymore and started doing childish things.

Paired with: She likes stalking Len... but I'm not going to pair them up since no one will like it.

Character Item: Bubble blower stick

Video or Video's of them:

(This is her old art, ignore it!)

Their Voicebank: ACT1
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Post by smeen Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:56 pm

@AngelKissHikari, Her 'R' sounds are somewhat English... And there is something else, but I don't really know what. Her voice sounds a bit off. I dunno how to explain it though...
    Yanyu
    Yanyu

UTAU Information

Post by Yanyu Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:30 pm

@ Lupin, I have hardly any problems with Kenji's voice at all...he's awesome~! I agree with you about your design though~! But since it's Kenji some people might miss his old design ahaa (unless it's fabulous and really suits him and his age)...what a problem. *hasn't helped at all OTL sorry*

@ AngelKissHikari

I think her design is nice, but I think the bright light blue and white is a bit... you know. It's a simple and lovely design but my problem is with the colours. I just can't explain it right... there's too much? and nothing to give it some contrast or warmth? Maybe there should be more harmonizing colours or maybe contrasting colours... (sorry if I didn't help much just sharing my thoughts)

I agree with smeen about her 'r' sounds and I think the other thing is either the sound files quality or something? or maybe the mic quality (same thing maybe OTL)? I'm not too sure either ahaha...
    crashflashbang
    crashflashbang

Notes : 760

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aratane Shiroki
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/crashflashbang

Post by crashflashbang Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 pm

I would love some critique on Shiroki. :'D

Name: Shiroki Aratane

Height: 5'1

Weight: 90lbs

Personality: Bubbly and optimistic, but rather shy, especially towards the opposite gender.

Character Item: Waffles

Character Art:
    Spoiler:
    (I know, she looks kinda generic, but I got really attached to her and her design, so I don't wanna change it. XD
    I was thinking of getting rid of her armwarmers though.)

EDIT: I forgot to add voice samples lol.

Last edited by crashflashbang on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ezri
    Ezri

Notes : 1489

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Chirune Kikyo
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:23 pm

crashflashbang wrote:I would love some critique on Shiroki. :'D
    Oh, she's so cute! xD I love her color scheme! I really think her design is good! :3 The armwarmers might seem a little Vocaloid-y, but that doesn't bother me much at all, so whatever! I love it! XD

As for her personality, it seems a little overdone, but in all honesty that doesn't bother me much either. ouob Realistically, not everyone can be super weird and quirky, right? XD

Overall, good job!
    numbarr3
    numbarr3

Notes : 725

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: KAISA
    Blog/Website: http://utaukaisa.blogspot.com/

Post by numbarr3 Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:14 am

I need some Critique on my UTAU :3

Spoiler:

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:50 am

I've been working on an English cover for awhile now... But I'm supaaa slow anyway... aha.
    Would I be able to get opinions on it? http://twaud.io/hxP
    It's Lovefool by the Cardigans...
    It's not done yet (missing the talk parts near the end) but I reaaally would like to know what other people think is wrong with it so that I may make it better /before/ I make the PV.

I'm glad this thread is here or I wouldn't be sure where to post this xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:47 am