Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Oremo and Pitch Changes

mugenginga
    mugenginga

Notes : 68

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Momoiro "Momo-chan" Kirane aka Melody Pink
    Blog/Website:

Oremo and Pitch Changes Empty Oremo and Pitch Changes

Post by mugenginga Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:35 am

I think I have a weird voice. XD I seem to be able to match F# notes best. So I'm using that as my base line in Oremo. My big problem is arising with pitches. Maybe I don't fully understand what a pitch is. I try to sound a bit deeper or a bit lighter and the darn thing says I'm singing a diferent note. And REALLY crazy? It says I'm singing a HIGHER not when I try to sing a lower pitch. Whut?

Any tips? I've got a tiny sore throat due to arguing with Oremo, so I'm just gonna not do that for a while. >___>
    annamaeblythe
    annamaeblythe

Notes : 434

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: BLYTHE Anaka
    Blog/Website:

Oremo and Pitch Changes Empty Re: Oremo and Pitch Changes

Post by annamaeblythe Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 pm

I ran into the same problem, actually.
    While recording for Kichi Yasashii and for my lower notes, the average frequency would register as something like C4. That would be me barking and trying to sound as manly (and one would think low) as possible.

However, me just using my normal speaking voice to record gives me an average frequency of about C3.
    If you change your voice even the slightest bit, yes, you will be on a different pitch.
    Pitch is decided in your vocal chords and body as it is in instruments. The shape of the body and the force creating the sound are very, very important and can completely change the output with little modifications. As in, if you hum a tune, you don't notice the movements that go on in your body to change the pitch of the sound you are creating. If you are very, very observant, though, you can notice the little things, like the way your throat feels like it's closing slightly, or your stomach contracts or expands.

So yeah. It doesn't take a lot to be on a totally different note.
    Skye
    Skye
    Admin

Notes : 1424

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hitori Kanane
    Blog/Website: N/A
    Status: Act 2 Betaing. Trying to make her Korean compatible.

Post by Skye Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:46 pm

mugenginga wrote:I think I have a weird voice. XD I seem to be able to match F# notes best. So I'm using that as my base line in Oremo. My big problem is arising with pitches. Maybe I don't fully understand what a pitch is. I try to sound a bit deeper or a bit lighter and the darn thing says I'm singing a diferent note. And REALLY crazy? It says I'm singing a HIGHER not when I try to sing a lower pitch. Whut?

Any tips? I've got a tiny sore throat due to arguing with Oremo, so I'm just gonna not do that for a while. >___>

Same here. I just record at f#. And technically, 100 is about F, 90 is F#. Normally, that is. If you TRY to make your voice high, it'll go right back to 100. Or something. I don't know. I just try to make sure all the sounds are on the same line.
    mugenginga
    mugenginga

Notes : 68

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Momoiro "Momo-chan" Kirane aka Melody Pink
    Blog/Website:

Post by mugenginga Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:02 pm

XD Okay, so its normal. Hmmm. Thanks guys.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 am