Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Aisu
scarfu
Haloheroine
7 posters

New Section: Reviews and Critiques! (+ Rules)

Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3530

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

New Section: Reviews and Critiques! (+ Rules) Empty New Section: Reviews and Critiques! (+ Rules)

Post by Haloheroine Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:53 am

As Zinfandel suggested, a Reviews and Critiques section has been added!

However, firstly, a few rules for you all.
    Keep in mind, most of these are common sense, but if something negative with no tact (AKA, bashing) is posted, it will be removed without a second thought.

First and foremost; no bashing.
    This will be stated repeatedly, as obvious as it should be.
    "You suck ass!" is not a critique.
    "You obviously spent no time on this, genderbending is horrible and daysoo weaboo is obvious" is not a review.

When posting, please post in the correct section
    Inquiries go in the main section.
    Random VB critiques and reviews go in the VB critiques and reviews section.
    REQUESTS for VB critiques and reviews go in the REQUESTS section.
    USTs, Reclists, etc. go in the... USTs, Reclists and Mixing etc section.
    Easy enough. Anything misplaced will be moved without leaving a shadow topic, yes? Yes.

Think before you type
    Similar to rule no. 1.
    But more... just be careful of what you type. Take a few seconds to read over what you just typed. Not to say you need to sugar coat everything, but just try to make sure you wouldn't find your own post hurtful if someone said the same to you.

Provide enough information when requesting a Review/Critique
    Art, voice samples, Voice Bank download and background/miscellaneous information are the basics... Please include them somewhere in your request post.

Please, TRY to do a proper review/critique.
    Please don't just say "I like them c:" or "Ehhh"
    For once, just try "I like them BUT...", or maybe even go the whole way and set up a few sections and mark 'em out of a certain number. I use "design", "configuration", "voice" and "miscellaneous" (with a paragraph for each section, and a sum up) and mark out of 100, but feel free to experiment.

Don't expect "I like it".

Realize what you're requesting and specify if you can't take harsh comments.
    If I see one argument over someone saying something reasonable... *mumble mumble*

That's all for now, but expect this to be updated later.
    scarfu
    scarfu

Notes : 1411

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kanbine Hayari/Kamene Kasui/TATARI
    Blog/Website:

New Section: Reviews and Critiques! (+ Rules) Empty Re: New Section: Reviews and Critiques! (+ Rules)

Post by scarfu Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:16 am

I'm not entirely sure I like the idea of allowing just random reviews... XDDD I feel that'll be abused incredibly. I've always believed that you should save reviews for people who ask for them... orz

But as you guys are in charge, we'll just see what happens *u*
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

New Section: Reviews and Critiques! (+ Rules) Empty Re: New Section: Reviews and Critiques! (+ Rules)

Post by Haloheroine Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:18 am

. 3. I might take it out. It wouldn't be used much anyway, I wasn't sure about that part either.
    Aisu
    Aisu

Notes : 2111

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Aisu Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:49 am

Yaaay, this section looks very useful ;u;/
    But I agree with Scarfu on the abusing point... like... what if someone sensitive sees a harsh critique they didn't even want... xD It could hurt people .n.
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Post by smeen Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:00 am

Useful section is useful...

I will be using this when I have something to review! *gets back to work*
    zin
    zin

Notes : 4252

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 120loid
    Blog/Website: 120loids.tk

Post by zin Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:30 am

well we can turn the random one in to voicebanks from Japan reviews, (since there isn't not a lot of voicebanks from Japan owners on here to my knowledge.) and maybe under used or abandoned utaus?

-starts to make beta template for review requests-
    Catarsis
    Catarsis

Notes : 1916

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Catarsis Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:40 am

Aisu wrote:Yaaay, this section looks very useful ;u;/
    But I agree with Scarfu on the abusing point... like... what if someone sensitive sees a harsh critique they didn't even want... xD It could hurt people .n.

Well, if you want to recieve a critique you have to expect the worse situation, no?
    I'm really, REALLY sensitive but well...one must to learn how to take the advices you really need, and ignore the flaming/trolling/whatever Smile

I think this section will be really useful, btw!
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:23 pm

I think if someone doesn't want to get critique on something specific, they should just say so in their post (like, for example, "I know the r's aren't pronounced right, what else do I need to work on?") or just that it's a work in progress and they're not looking for super harsh critique yet.

But obviously, if you post something asking for critique, you're... going to get critique. XD Honestly, I don't think anyone here would purposely be really harsh if the OP asked them not to, but there's a line between critique being overly harsh and someone just being overly sensitive. We should have a rule or something that by posting here, the reviewers agree to respect the poster by following their requests, and the posters agree to respect the reviewers by listening to their advice and understanding that they're trying to be helpful.

Anyways, I like this section! owo -thumbs up-

EDIT: hurrr we already have that rule, maybe i should learn to read
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:51 pm

zinfandel wrote:well we can turn the random one in to voicebanks from Japan reviews, (since there isn't not a lot of voicebanks from Japan owners on here to my knowledge.) and maybe under used or abandoned utaus?

-starts to make beta template for review requests-

Perfect, Zin. xD <3 I love you. *goes to do*
    It'll be helpful.

c: That way we can have a place to look for, say, practically bilingual UTAUloids. 8D

Oh, and I might write up an example review. c:

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:55 am

I THOUGHT THERE WAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am