Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Aline
Catarsis
xMienaiTsubasa
Chasing Fireflies
Ezri
Trempush
suthethird
Fumfum
Zeny
vio.
smeen
15 posters

Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST!

Poll

Which idea do you like best?

[ 11 ]
    Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST! - Page 3 Bar_left29%Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST! - Page 3 Bar_right [29%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST! - Page 3 Bar_left34%Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST! - Page 3 Bar_right [34%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST! - Page 3 Bar_left11%Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST! - Page 3 Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST! - Page 3 Bar_left8%Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST! - Page 3 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST! - Page 3 Bar_left18%Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST! - Page 3 Bar_right [18%] 

Total Votes: 38
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST! - Page 3 Empty Re: Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST!

Post by smeen Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:19 pm

@suthethird, I have lots of voicebanks on my PC too, I would love to use them all in one chorus...

@xMienaiTsubasa, OK, YouTube-views it is. I think we don't need a download link on the form though. Just a note (or comment) with the name of your UTAU and you YT-username. I will juggle the entries into a group and send them a message... And we need to interact with YouTube, so we need a place where everyone can upload videos. Or they can send them to me and I'll upload them... I'm not very known about different channels on YouTube.

We should make a video too, which explains the contest, so people outside of the forums can join too. Deadline should be... a month? Or longer?
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

Notes : 765

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST! - Page 3 Empty Re: Cooperation in the UTAU-community CONTEST!

Post by xMienaiTsubasa Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:31 pm

I thought download links would be easier since when we assign UTAUs to different groups they shouldn't have to be looking for ages to find the download link for the voicebanks they have to use.

I think if we make a channel for the contest, and set a deadline that's somewhere between a month and two months after the groups are decided for the group to finish the video and send it to you to be uploaded, and then the day after the deadline all the videos can be uploaded at the same time, and then there'll be a time period (a week? or two weeks? something like that), after which the views and such would be counted and the winners announced.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Sounds good. I will make a channel for it then.

Download links sure seem better in that way, but they can't be given through a YT-comment. So they need to send it through PM, that way I can sort them all too.

So, after we have the groups they'll get two months to finish the chorus. They all need to do something though, it's not one person doing everything. How big are these groups going to be? I guess that depends on how many people participate...
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by xMienaiTsubasa Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Okay. I think two months may be a bit long. Maybe we can have a minimum of one month, but if groups need it extended it can be?

I don't know how we could make sure that there isn't just one person doing everything DX Hopefully the groups would be able to work that out between them. The size of the groups should be no more than five or six really, or maybe less, since it's easier for large groups to get out of hand, especially when people don't know each other, and then you have people doing nothing. But we need to get the balance between numbers of groups and numbers in the groups right. So if we had less than ten participants we could try and make it so there are groups of two or three people, and if we had around twenty we could have some groups of four.

Since we don't really know what problems we'll encounter with the groups yet, it's better to keep them small and manageable.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Yes, you're right. Groups always tend to give some problems when they get too big...

And do we have any specific guidelines for these choruses? They can choose which song of course, but some thing they need to include and some things they don't need to do?

I'm sorry if I go over everything twice (or more times)... I am truly a controlfreak and a perfectionist.
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by xMienaiTsubasa Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:15 pm

XD No, it's good to get everything definite before we start anything.

I don't really see the need for a lot of rules regarding the song. Just that all the UTAUs assigned to the group must be used.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Okay, great. I really think this should be planned really well in order to succeed... Thank you very much for helping me out.

And prizes? Or will we decide on that after we started this thing up?

And two weeks for favourites and views is enough, right?
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by xMienaiTsubasa Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:26 pm

You're welcome! I'm happy to help with such a fun sounding idea~

In the video, you could mention that you need people to donate prizes such as art for the contest, and you could also ask around on here for people to donate prizes~

I think two weeks is enough, yeah.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:29 pm

OK! I think that is enough information to set this thing up!

I will make everything tomorrow though, I need to get some sleep... Oyasumi nasai!
    Angel Kiss Hikari
    Angel Kiss Hikari

Notes : 367

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: CCCloids
    Blog/Website: cccloids.webs.com

Post by Angel Kiss Hikari Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:09 am

Maybe I'm late, but I have something I want to say...
    With the deadline, you could have (for example) one month, and after that you send it. Then you have something like two weeks for the favorites etc., but when you're too late for the deadline you'll song be uploaded later and have less time for people to favorite it.

Also, when you enter with a group, do you have to make the ust yourself or can it be one that someone else already made?
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:41 am

@AngelKissHikari, you can choose an UST already made, of course. Smile

Channel + video is up! Please watch it if you're interested in participating!
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by xMienaiTsubasa Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Yay! Now people just need to spread the word through youtube so we can get a lot of participants!
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Yeah! I already have faved the video myself... xD I hope some people see it this way. Feel free to spam this video EVERYWHERE!
    Ezri
    Ezri

Notes : 1489

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Chirune Kikyo
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:48 pm

I'll go favorite it and sign up and stuff. XD

Also, I will donate art as a prize. :3
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:18 am

Thank you!

By the way, I got a question if someone can enter that uses UTAU but doesn't have an UTAU... She wanted to enter with Defoko.

Look, I'm kinda torn here. She uses UTAU. (And if she can use Defoko well she's skilled.) But on the other hand... She has no VB herself...

What to do? Any suggestions?
    suthethird
    suthethird

Notes : 961

Post by suthethird Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:55 am

smeen wrote:Thank you!

By the way, I got a question if someone can enter that uses UTAU but doesn't have an UTAU... She wanted to enter with Defoko.

Look, I'm kinda torn here. She uses UTAU. (And if she can use Defoko well she's skilled.) But on the other hand... She has no VB herself...

What to do? Any suggestions?

It's easy. A user should be allowed to use any bank they want as long as it is overseas.
    Defoko is not overseas. Therefore, Defoko can not be used.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:58 am

You're right. I will send her this. Thank you!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:35 am

I will art as prize if you'd like. I should be done the stuff I'm working on now by the end of the contest. Unless that's too many prizes, in which case ignore me xD.

I'd have liked to participate but I'm working on some projects right now ^^;;;
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:41 am

Thank you very much! And don't worry about entering... I feel this will be a hit. At least, i hope so, I wanna do this again. xD
    Angel Kiss Hikari
    Angel Kiss Hikari

Notes : 367

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: CCCloids
    Blog/Website: cccloids.webs.com

Post by Angel Kiss Hikari Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:57 am

Uhm...
    In the youtube description it says 'Also, I forgot to say that the voicebank you use needs to be made by YOU', but now you say that you can use any voicebank as long as it's overseas?
    Which one is it? (just wondering)

EDIT: Also, since it is judged by favorites and viewcounts, does it count when the users in the group favorite the video?
    suthethird
    suthethird

Notes : 961

Post by suthethird Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Angel Kiss Hikari wrote:Uhm...
    In the youtube description it says 'Also, I forgot to say that the voicebank you use needs to be made by YOU', but now you say that you can use any voicebank as long as it's overseas?
    Which one is it? (just wondering)

EDIT: Also, since it is judged by favorites and viewcounts, does it count when the users in the group favorite the video?

I have nothing to do with this project, but I know for a fact that you can be a MASTER of a voicebank, and it be a total stranger's voicebank.
    Some people can just pick up certain voicebanks and make them sound completely magical and better than any other person can.
    But when they use their own, they fall flat on their face.
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:22 pm

...Wait. How would she be sure she was going to use Defoko if we're going to randomize the voicebanks? o.o

That aside, if someone doesn't have a voicebank of their own that they want to enter, I think we should still let them participate. Honestly, I can't see it happening all that often, and as long as it's not just the really popular UTAU and we keep it overseas, I think we can stand to have a few duplicates. Or maybe we could find some UTAU that hadn't been entered already (with the creator's permission, of course). But that's just my two cents, it's your call, Smeen. owo
    Trempush
    Trempush

Notes : 893

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Trem, Travis, and Adele
    Blog/Website: http://trempushjones.blogspot.com/
    Status: Trem v2.0 WIP, Independent Travis WIP, Adele v1.0 complete

Post by Trempush Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:39 pm

If we let people without their own UTAU's in, I think we should also let people submit multple UTAU's of their own, if they have them.

That way, the numbers of UTAU's to users can be closer to even. If there's a gap in UTAU's, I'm sure someone would agree to let theirs be used twice.

/two cents.
    Ezri
    Ezri

Notes : 1489

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Chirune Kikyo
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Shouldn't it be one UTAU per person, though? So that the number of UTAUs = number of participants?
    As for letting people without their own UTAUs enter, I agree that it should be Overseas, and that they should have permission, maybe.
    (but in the YT description, you DID say it had to be your own UTAU, so...what's up with that?)
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by xMienaiTsubasa Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:07 pm

XP A group challenge would be different to an utau swap so there wouldn't need to be the same amount of UTAU as users. So you wouldn't NEED a voicebank to enter, but most people would probably want to enter their utau so it can be used by others.

As for entering other peoples' voicebanks, I don't think that should happen. If there's a shortage of voicebanks at the end then some of the participants could enter a second voicebank?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm