Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
mya
Zeny
Asteriski
Ezri
smeen
HonG-t
.amuletdream
Misha
taiwonton
LupinAKAFlashTH2
산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi)
ThePianoChan
scarfu
mystsaphyr
캉다님(KANGDANIM)
19 posters

Regarding our relations with the Korean community

ThePianoChan
    ThePianoChan

Notes : 3020

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website: http://thepianochan.blog125.fc2.com/

Regarding our relations with the Korean community - Page 3 Empty Re: Regarding our relations with the Korean community

Post by ThePianoChan Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:49 pm

we can be the lazy cousins that watch the show :u...
    Zeny
    Zeny

Notes : 1239

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Zeny
    Blog/Website: http://zenywolf.deviantart.com

Regarding our relations with the Korean community - Page 3 Empty Re: Regarding our relations with the Korean community

Post by Zeny Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:52 pm

I like to write. I wouldn't mind helping write. Also, we should have a time table for this.

Then there's the issue of which UTAUloids to use, which is a general drama bomb because it becomes an argument of who's in and who's not. Whoever is the director has to be selective and resolute about which UTAUloids we'll use. They also have to be really firm on their choices and be able to withstand any criticism on their choices. I don't mean to sound negative, but a lot of projects tend to fall apart because of this.

In order to make this work, aside from the list of staff types needed, we need:

1) Absolute transparency and communication: Everyone on staff has to be in constant communication and in the know of every step.

2) Dedication: Everyone has to put their 100%, and then some, into this project.

3) Realistic timetables: Good estimations on how long each step of the process will take.

4) Thick skinned team: A team who doesn't care about any sort of whining and will stick through 'till the end.

In the end, I hope to see this project take off very well, and for once I would like to see mutual collaboration in the Overseas community that rivals anything from Piapro.

taiwonton
    taiwonton

Notes : 650

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kirine Tsubaki & JUN/SHUN
    Blog/Website: http://www.poploids.zzl.org/index.php

Post by taiwonton Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:06 pm

I'd be willing to help out with the art. ^u^/
    I don't know how complicated the level of this stuff is going to get though... oxo;; [/is a slow worker]
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Thanks Zeny for your suggestions, ideas, and offerings of help!

Come on people, we need to do this!
    ThePianoChan
    ThePianoChan

Notes : 3020

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website: http://thepianochan.blog125.fc2.com/

Post by ThePianoChan Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Is the Korean community going to do this with us? :u Not just Korean users on this Overseas Forum.
    mystsaphyr
    mystsaphyr
    Forum Designer

Notes : 1392

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: UTAU XYZ
    Blog/Website: http://utau.krystalixa.com

Post by mystsaphyr Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:48 pm

I can do backing music... even if I'm not great with melodies I can usually make chords and such to go with them c:

Also, I love configuring USTs, so I'm in for that :D
    HonG-t
    HonG-t

Notes : 137

Post by HonG-t Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Zeny wrote:
    Then there's the issue of which UTAUloids to use, which is a general drama bomb because it becomes an argument of who's in and who's not. Whoever is the director has to be selective and resolute about which UTAUloids we'll use. They also have to be really firm on their choices and be able to withstand any criticism on their choices. I don't mean to sound negative, but a lot of projects tend to fall apart because of this.

1) Absolute transparency and communication: Everyone on staff has to be in constant communication and in the know of every step.

2) Dedication: Everyone has to put their 100%, and then some, into this project.

3) Realistic timetables: Good estimations on how long each step of the process will take.

4) Thick skinned team: A team who doesn't care about any sort of whining and will stick through 'till the end.

In the end, I hope to see this project take off very well, and for once I would like to see mutual collaboration in the Overseas community that rivals anything from Piapro.

Yeah that's what I'm worried about.
    I say at least 5 months. November and December not good....Koreans have End of Course test(or final exams)
    I will encourage KUUC to be involved.
    For the lyrics, I'm thinking English chorus, some Japanese, some Korean, some English, some Spansih, some Chinese, etc etc etc

I need to have a better way to get contact with admins in OSU.
    All the admins should discuss this and then send me a notification to koreanutauforum@gmail.com
    I will then discuss with my staffs
    mystsaphyr
    mystsaphyr
    Forum Designer

Notes : 1392

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website: http://utau.krystalixa.com

Post by mystsaphyr Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:40 pm

HonG-t wrote:

All the admins should discuss this and then send me a notification to koreanutauforum@gmail.com

We will certainly do that. I have a school project I must finish tonight so the email will be sent tomorrow. Thank you so much for offering to help us organize this!
    xLei
    xLei

Notes : 2109

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

Post by xLei Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:10 pm

I can help with mixing and making the video~

I totally support this idea \o/
    Zeny
    Zeny

UTAU Information

Post by Zeny Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:11 pm

HonG-t wrote:
    Zeny wrote:

I say at least 5 months. November and December not good....Koreans have End of Course test(or final exams)
    For the lyrics, I'm thinking English chorus, some Japanese, some Korean, some English, some Spansih, some Chinese, etc etc etc

Right, November and December is also a period of examinations for many people in the West (mid terms, mostly). I think we would need Chinese and Spanish speakers (I speak Spanish) as well then.

We should have people who can go back and forth between admins. In other words, the admins of both sites should relay what their group wants to do to the other, and the translators of that site would translate it into the forum's language.
    HonG-t
    HonG-t

Post by HonG-t Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Zeny wrote:
    HonG-t wrote:
    Zeny wrote:

Right, November and December is also a period of examinations for many people in the West (mid terms, mostly). I think we would need Chinese and Spanish speakers (I speak Spanish) as well then.

We should have people who can go back and forth between admins. In other words, the admins of both sites should relay what their group wants to do to the other, and the translators of that site would translate it into the forum's language.

Too bad I'm the only one who is fully comfortable with English. I basically translate everything for them Hurhur.
    I also have Graduation project presentation due December. Ay...
    Zeny
    Zeny

UTAU Information

Post by Zeny Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:23 pm

HonG-t wrote:
    Too bad I'm the only one who is fully comfortable with English. I basically translate everything for them Hurhur.

Hmm, well...

Myst could collect ideas from us, give them to you, and you could translate them into Korean on your end and vice versa?
    .amuletdream
    .amuletdream

Notes : 199

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Tori Chang/Tony Chang
    Blog/Website: http://luminate.blog132.fc2.com

Post by .amuletdream Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:34 pm

I'm not fluent in chinese but I have many friends that are, and I know one that is partially interested in UTAU and I could ask her if she could help with that.
    HonG-t
    HonG-t

Post by HonG-t Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:15 pm

Zeny wrote:
    HonG-t wrote:

Hmm, well...

Myst could collect ideas from us, give them to you, and you could translate them into Korean on your end and vice versa?

That's what I was thinking, too.
    It would be easier if I get rid of viruses that I got recently so that I can go on to KUUC chatroom...KUUC chat room is more fun to me Razz We should have a party there!

Yeah...I'm irresponsible little manager XD
    Zeny
    Zeny

UTAU Information

Post by Zeny Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:33 pm

HonG-t wrote:
    Zeny wrote:
    HonG-t wrote:

Hmm, well...

That's what I was thinking, too.
    It would be easier if I get rid of viruses that I got recently so that I can go on to KUUC chatroom...KUUC chat room is more fun to me Razz We should have a party there!

Yeah...I'm irresponsible little manager XD

A party where no one would understand each other LOL :D
    HonG-t
    HonG-t

Post by HonG-t Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:47 pm

But ppl are so cute when they try to speak uncomfortable language :3
    It would bump up Korean users' English scores. /Just took my mock writing test. I can't wait for the real one....not.
    Zeny
    Zeny

UTAU Information

Post by Zeny Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:55 pm

HonG-t wrote:But ppl are so cute when they try to speak uncomfortable language :3
    It would bump up Korean users' English scores. /Just took my mock writing test. I can't wait for the real one....not.

Ha ha, man I tell you my Chinese courses are going to be the hardest thing ever but so worth it.
    taiwonton
    taiwonton

Notes : 650

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kirine Tsubaki & JUN/SHUN
    Blog/Website: http://www.poploids.zzl.org/index.php

Post by taiwonton Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:59 pm

Xue Li and I speak Chinese. Between the two of us, we could easily amount to being fairly fluent, since we're both second generation Mandarin speakers.

I dunno if she wants to do it though, so I will go ahead and say I speak Mandarin, so I can take helm of that.
    And if it comes down to it, we can both ask our parents if need be.

And I speak intermediate level Japanese as well. I just don't think that'll really be enough for lyrics. xD;;
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Post by smeen Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:54 am

I AM IN THIS!

If you need lyrics, you know where to find me. I'm able to write ANYTHING YOU WANT!

Also, November and December are pretty busy for me too, so it's good I'm not the only one in that.

(Also, I can translate to Dutch, German and French if that helps you guys.
    HonG-t
    HonG-t

Post by HonG-t Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:48 am

smeen wrote:I AM IN THIS!

If you need lyrics, you know where to find me. I'm able to write ANYTHING YOU WANT!

Also, November and December are pretty busy for me too, so it's good I'm not the only one in that.

(Also, I can translate to Dutch, German and French if that helps you guys.

Although we can, we would probably need people who can make french/dutch/german usts if we do.
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Post by smeen Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:21 am

Yes, that's true...
    mya
    mya

Notes : 156

Post by mya Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:40 pm

*raises hand* Is there still room for entry? I might be able to help with USTs. I'm still waiting for college to start so I'm free until at least next February.
    캉다님(KANGDANIM)
    캉다님(KANGDANIM)

Notes : 73

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 便音ヌキ(VCV working)/ BIRANG(최비랑)
    Blog/Website:

Post by 캉다님(KANGDANIM) Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:31 pm

I can make USTs in Korean!!!!! I join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:50 pm

I can also make Korean USTs, for dandok or ryeonseok, but I need the lyrics in hangul in order to do it...
    Mathieu
    Mathieu

Notes : 472

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/UTAUXYZ

Post by Mathieu Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:28 pm

I could handle the French usts but it would take awhile because at the end of this year I am literally loaded with coursework... For French History alone I have 30 pages to knock out at the end of November.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:32 am